April 4, 2013

Patchie [Listens]

A couple weeks ago I was sitting in a bar with a couple friends and they threw it on the table that they were going to Ocean City for the weekend for one of their birthdays, and I should come. Ocean City is not my favorite place, but I love these two. And you know what is my favorite place? The ocean. So while the trip didn't win me over for OC, I was able to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the waves pounding the beach, and I saw my sunrise for the year. We had a blast for my friends birthday and I was able to smell the salt air and watch the water. Worth it? Totally.

I wish it was easier for us to get to the ocean more often - we are surrounded by water but it takes over 3 1/2 hours to get to any sort of beach. But trust me - each trip to the ocean means so much to me. Maybe I'll get there again before my annual Cape trip this year!

No comments: