March 1, 2013

Patchie [Loses]

Look! I'm updating! Even though I feel like someone replaced my brain with a 30 pound bowling ball and has attached magnets to my eyelids trying to make them close, I still feel compelled to write. Could I be coming out of this posting funk and start updating regularly again?

Probably not. But there's no reason why I can't pretend. In another month I'll post a "sorry" post. Such is life.

Anyway. Positivity! Since posting last, I am officially down 7 pounds. Running at least three days a week has become part of my routine - for the most part I no longer have to force myself to do it. This week I started calorie counting moreso because I was curious how well I did and it turns out I'm doing better than I thought I was. Look at me go!


Even though I've had a pretty awful week, I do feel happier. Not enough to assume I'm coming out of this funk I've been in for a year, but enough to notice a difference and feel better about it. I've slowly been cutting out some of the negatives in my life, which sadly includes some people. But you have to do what you have to do, and I have to put myself first for a little while. And sometimes I need to remind myself that there is nothing wrong with that.

It's slowly beginning to feel like spring, and like every year I'm amazed at how quickly my calendar fills up. This spring is a little different - this spring along with the warmer weather and abundance of things I want to do also comes the work-place "F" word - Furloughs.


One day per paycheck. Budget has become more important, and I feel like I've gotten a handle on it but it's making me pick and choose some things that I want to do and are feasible to do. Our company is being very kind about it and for the most part we've been able to pick our days, which makes the blow sting less. I'm making it my goal to embrace these days - use them to their full advantage. As the weather gets nicer, I hope to spend a lot of them outside. I also managed to snag a sweet 4-day birthday weekend in May. It doesn't get much better than that, considering the situation.



I hope to share some knitting projects soon - I've been knitting like crazy because when I'm knitting I'm not mindlessly snacking, and when I'm knitting I'm not spending money. Except on yarn. But I already bought it so that doesn't count, right? Of course it doesn't. Don't tell me any differently! I desperately nee to photograph some finished projects though - every time I plan to do it it's been raining or people are being nosy and I feel awkward setting up the camera to take pictures of myself when too many people are poking around. Then I look uncomfortable in the pictures and wind up not using them, so now I don't even bother.

Anyway, life. Getting better. Healthier. Warmer. It's a good start for March.

2 comments:

Mary D-L said...

Way to go! I am proud of you. Seems like you are working hard to make positive changes. 2013 is going to look really good on us. :)

Patchie said...

Yes it is!