January 2, 2013

Patchie [Lists]

I have my 26 Before 27 List, but looking at it there's not much more I can check off at this point...yet. There's a couple things coming up that will allow me to, but mostly I've redone things I had already checked off. I'm not a big New Years Resolution type of person, but January is just over the halfway mark for my birthday, so there's a couple goals/ideas I want to challenge myself to as well.

1. Read more.

2. Find more joy.

3. Be more active.

4. Save more money.

5. Take more photos.

None of them are super specific, which they say is bad for "resolutions." But I find myself craving more in life, and I can't decide what that "more" is. Above covers a pretty broad spectrum. "Active" can cover being physically active or being more active in accomplishing things and staying ahead of the game - both apply. I enjoy reading while I'm on the exercise bike - that covers two, but it's a habit I break entirely too easily. I got a little burnt out with photography at one point this past year - I hope to avoid that. I went through a shopping phase this past year as well - I need to avoid that, too.

I need more joy. I have some negativity in my life that I can not cut out, and I've let it consume me in some ways, and I've found that on my weaker days it's hard to get out of bed. This is important. This needs to change, and it's a change I need to make for myself and for everyone around me. I'm going to try a 30-day grateful challenge on my Instagram (@patchiephotography), and I encourage you to do the same, #30daysofjoy.

I hope to find the motivation to start blogging again. I think I made it too much work for myself on top of photography work, knitting deadlines, theatre, and working my 9 - 5. I need to be more active, but I also need to slow down. More joy, less stress.

I think that's a pretty solid goal.

No comments: