January 24, 2013

Patchie [Enjoys]

Even working a job where "snow days" don't' exist anymore, until I move someplace where it snows for 8 months out of the year I don't think I will ever stop loving snow, even just a pretty little dusting that makes the world so quiet for only a few hours.

I'm halfway through Week 3 of a Couch to 5K, and I may be repeating this week because it's hitting me much harder than the last two. I feel defeated by that thought, even though I know I shouldn't. I talked to a friend last night who's done this exact program twice and she said it gets easier - I'll start to find my stride soon. The Boy and another very good friend who is now running full marathons have also been wildly supportive, and it makes me feel good. I can do this. Now if I could start to see the scale change, that'd motivate me even more...

This is the time of year that everything seems to slow down to almost a stand still for me. I adore it because by the time I start to long for the busy weekends they've arrived. This is the time I knit like crazy, cook as often as I can, and curl up and sleep as much as possible. Snow amplifies those feelings.

You hear that, Mother Nature? Give me my peace and keep the blanket on my world for a little while. I need a good winter to enjoy the spring.

No comments: