September 24, 2012
1. Watch a sunrise. Technically, I watched one when we left stupid early to make it up to The Cape this year. I hope to see one under a different circumstance (because once we hit shorter days, I'll also see one daily on the way to work).
2. Visit a new Renaissance Faire/Faerie Festival
3. Learn Intarsia
4. Bake a layered cake
5. Really, really plan my get-out-of-the-country trip
6. Visit a new city/state. Atlanta was technically new! I had only ever driven through it before.
7. Go to DC for a day and only do things I’ve never done before
8. Start taking/doing yoga again
9. Reteach myself how to sew. Done! I made a dress!
10. Knit for Charity.
11. Get my passport.
12. Learn to contact juggle. I started, then had to take a break. Hoping to pick it back up again!
13. Take a random day trip
14. Purge purge purge. I...started. I have a long way to go.
15. Complete a 30-day photo challenge
16. Get better at makeup-y/hair things. Still working on this one! Right now I feel like my hair is so long I have no idea what to do with it.
17. Get back to NC! Done! Visited some old friends on the way home from Atlanta!
18. Have a weekend getaway with The Boy
19. Organize a costumed photoshoot for Patchie [Photography]
20. Lose some weight! Sort of accomplished? I've lost a few pounds and my pants fit better, but I'm still working!
21. Read 5 books. I've read three plays and all three books for The Hunger Games. Does that count?
22. Set up an Etsy shop.
23. Go to a new non-faire/faerie related festival/convention. Done! Dragon*Con! Hoping to find at least one more.
24. Stash bust. Slowly working on this!
25. Cook more often. This is going well so far!
26. Continue to learn my camera. Sigh. I feel like I somehow took a step backwards. I need to work harder at this.
September 13, 2012
I think I've needed to be. It's not that I'm planning something big or am super busy (although I am super busy, but that's not the reason). It's not that I've lost interest or think I'm boring or am not accomplishing anything. I wasn't offended by a comment or post, I haven't found a new outlet, and I'm not trying to move on to something bigger or better.
I just...stopped writing.
It's also my favorite time of year where I get to play dress up every weekend at the Renaissance Festival. I spend all week thinking about it. I talk daily with Alex, who I met working at faire and who I've realized has snuck her way into being one of the best friends I've ever had, and we hype each other up for the weekend ahead. What to wear? What shows to catch? Who of our friends will be there? Should we try on new garb? What food do we want? Oh my god guys, the food. Seriously. If you've never been to a faire, and I mean a good faire, you are missing out. The food is incredible.
It's my happy place. If I can't move to The Cape, I will spend 9 weekends out of the year playing dress up and taking too many pictures and being told my strangers that I look pretty.
Well, this year it's 8 weekends because I was finally talking into Dragon*Con in Atlanta. It knocked a couple things off my Birthday List, which I will write about soon. And maybe Dragon*Con will get its own post. Or maybe not. I stopped writing, remember?
Which brings me back to my original point. I think I'm on a bit of a hiatus. Still check in, I may get a burst of inspiration (motivation?) and post a thing or two here and there. Keep writing - I still read yours. I just need to officially step back, and not for any reason I can put my finger on.
If you want to stay up to date, you can find my photography at Patchie [Photography], and my cosplay/costuming adventures at Patchie Cosplay.
I'll see you soon. :-)