June 29, 2012

Patchie [Returns]


I'm back home in Maryland after another amazing year on The Cape, and woah. Leaving was rough. Leaving is always rough, but this year I didn't handle it too well. I think it was a combination of things, but a big chunk of it was that since I was a little girl it's been my dream to move up there. It's where I consider home. And all of a sudden this year it really hit me that no, I'll probably never live there. It's impossibly expensive and there just aren't that many jobs to go around. And it hit me head on like a truck.

Trust me, it didn't take away from the vacation at all. It was amazingly relaxing and fun and I love watching The Boy fall as in love with that place as I have been my whole life. We got tons of beach time and family time and some amazingly good food. I have a stupid amount of pictures to go through and edit, but at the same time I didn't spend this entire vacation hidden behind the lens like I did last year - there's large chunks of days and things we did that I didn't bother to capture and I'm very happy about it. I'm pretty sure that in total I took less pictures than last year, even though I feel like I have more to edit. Maybe because my editing has gotten a little more complex. I'm rambling.

Back to the daily grind and back to ridiculously hot weather. Already looking for the next place to travel to. Maybe a quick weekend getaway may be thrown in before the summer ends?

No comments: