May 19, 2012

Patchie [Lists]


I'm 26 today! On Thursday I mentioned feeling unaccomplished, so I decided to try to do a 26 before 27 list of "things to do" this year. Even if I don't accomplish them all it's motivation!

1.       Watch a sunrise

2.       Visit a new Renaissance Faire/Faerie Festival

3.       Learn Intarsia (a knitting technique)

4.       Bake a layered cake (would you believe I’ve never actually done this on my own?)

5.       Really, really plan my get-out-of-the-country trip (a goal for before I’m 30 is to go, by the time I’m 27 I want to know where and when)

6.       Visit a new city/state

7.       Go to DC for a day and only do things I’ve never done before (I tend to hit the same places a lot!)

8.       Start taking/doing yoga again

9.       Reteach myself how to sew

10.   Knit for Charity

11.   Get my passport

12.   Learn to contact juggle (or at least try to learn to contact juggle...)

13.   Take a random day trip

14.   Purge purge purge. I have boxes I haven’t looked at since college and clothes I will never wear again. Time to de-clutter.

15.   Complete a 30-day photo challenge (I always fall off the wagon in the last week!)

16.   Get better at makeup-y/hair things. This one will be hard to gauge, but I've gotten so much better in the last couple months and I know I still have room to grow. It's really finding products that are good for my skin!

17.   Get back to NC! It’s been almost 3 years!

18.   Have a weekend getaway with The Boy

19.   Organize a costumed photoshoot for Patchie [Photography]

20.   Lose some weight! I’m not giving myself a number, but if I lose something I’ll consider it a success.

21.   Read 5 books (not a big number, but I’m so busy I don’t find a lot of time to read so it takes me a long time to get through a book)

22.  Set up an Etsy shop. This has seriously been a goal for about 3 years. At first I wanted to sell knitting, but that's impractical with having a full time job and a life - I'd never be able to keep it stocked. I want to sell some of my photography, just to see if I can do it. You never know until you try, right?

23. Go to a new non-faire/faerie related festival/convention. This one is a bit of a cheat because I'm already set to go to at least one, but still. I love things like this!

24. Stash bust. Another knitting-realted item. I've had some yarn in my "stash" for years, and I keep buying more (mostly because I've gotten into better yarns). It's a good excuse to use it to rebuild my "knitted gift" stash that I have for presents. Plus it'll help me declutter!

25. Cook more often. With rehearsals for my show I've fallen off the wagon a bit and have resorted to super fast things I can make and staples I've been making since college (fried egg, cheddar cheese, spinach, ham, and tomato on an english muffin...yum), but I want to get back into trying new recipes and such. Maybe I'll share them here too?

26. Continue to learn my camera. Something has really "clicked" in the last month or so and I'm excited to continue to learn and expand my preferred art form.

Even if I only accomplish some of them, I'll still have proof I accomplished something this year. And sometimes I may be able to cross more than one thing off the list with a new experience (Example, if I'm visiting a new faire/festival, odds are it's in a new city or state). The last time I tried a list like this is was a "50 Things for 2009," and I accomplished about half! Not bad!

Have you ever done a list like this? Leave me a link! I'd love to see it!

1 comment:

Marizabeth said...

I can help with the photography thing. My goal is to create a body of work for a gallery show, so I will have to put in a lot of hours on my thesis. Besides possibly modeling for it, you're welcome to come to a shoot or several and get some shots of your own!