May 2, 2012

Patchie [Blossoms] Part I: Botanical Garden!

Woah, have I been absent that long? Blogger has totally changed its dashboard look. Weird.

Anyway.

So like...a month ago (literally, April 1) The Boy and I met up with Alex and her beau to see the cherry blossoms. Except this year was a strange year and they bloomed 2 weeks early, leaving us with absolutely nothing. In stead of wasting our time walking to the Tidal Basin (which is quite the hike from any Metro Station) we decided to hit up the orchid exhibit which we had gone to last year. This year it was at the Botanic Garden, some place I had never been! Sometimes I feel like such a bad MD resident, there are so many places in DC that I have never been even though I've lived here most my life. I'm slowly crossing them off the list though!

The Botanical Gardens are crazy pretty, especially if you like flowers or plants or gardening, and especially if you like taking pictures of foliage like I do. We were there on a Sunday and it was a little crowded. I would love to go at an odd time (a Tuesday morning, maybe) and see the crowd difference. Being there with very few others would make it a very different experience, I would think.

Desktop

Desktop1

Desktop2

Desktop3

Desktop4

Desktop5

Desktop6

This was just the tip of the iceberg on a very full day where I think I walked more of DC in one day than I ever had before. Come back tomorrow for Part 2!

No comments: