April 4, 2012

Patchie [Meets]

Pictures from Sunday will come soon - I had a fun-filled day in DC with The Boy and another couple and I took way too many pictures, so it's taking me awhile to get through them all. Plus it's been a busy week and my legs are still sore from all of Sunday's walking.

Monday I headed up to the National Harbor to meet up with some friends from college for dinner. One of them I hadn't seen since we graduated. I really feel blessed that my core group from college and I are able to go long periods of time without talking but still pick up right where we left off. It was great being able to catch up and laugh and joke around with one another. Some things change and yet a lot manages to stay the same. It was like a mini time warp, sitting in the Cadillac Ranch with them and laughing and joking like we used to down in North Carolina. I'm looking forward to being able to spend more time with them now that they are local.

I need to take more time to have a change of scenery, especially now with the weather getting nicer. I did it a lot last year and loved it but fell out of the habit when live exploded with business and stress over the winter and the weather got colder (and the hours of daylight shorter). Having rehearsals this spring makes that a little harder, but it's a habit I know I can get back in to!

No comments: