January 2, 2012

Patchie [Bakes]

Quick Edit: I totally left the best collage showing the inside of the cupcakes out of this somehow...boo. I'll have to fix it this evening!

For Marizabeth's bridal shower (which feels like it was eons ago, even though it was less than a month!) I made her some colorful cupcakes using the "tie-dye" technique. Essentially, split your cake batter into a few ziplock bags, use food coloring to make each one a different color, and then layer them in the cupcake tin. I was super intimidated by this, but I promise it is so much easier than you'd think!

And those heart toothpicks? I made all of them by hand because I am an over achiever. By the way - the colors used are the wedding colors!

The final product? A total success, and a total hit! What do you think?

1 comment:

theolivetree said...

drooling...can I have one for breakfast?