December 29, 2011

Patchie [Photographs]

Remember that picture of my Christmas tree I posted last Thursday and said I was trying to accomplish a technique I didn't have the right equipment for? Well, guess what I got for Christmas!

It's a bokeh technique you can read more about here. I'm using a 50mm 1.8 lens. I was trying to accomplish it with my other lens, but the f-stop isn't wide enough to capture the shapes. The previous sentence is something that I had to learn the hard way, so maybe someone will stumble on this post and not get all frustrated like I did. I haven't perfected it yet (or using the lens for that matter, this is only my second time using it and they've both been pretty short), but I love the look and I'm excited to play and find out what else I can do with it!

No comments: