November 2, 2011

Patchie [Picks & Tastes!]

I treated myself to a day off work while Chrissy was in town so we could do some fun stuff together. We were heading back up towards Annapolis for the RennFest for the next two days so I thought we'd head in the opposite direction and go south into Virginia. Not too far from the bridge is a local berry farm and the vineyard where I went for my birthday back in May. Since Chrissy had never been to a tasting before and I hadn't picked pumpkins since I was six I thought it'd be a fun day! Plus The Boy has Fridays off so he was able to join us and they were able to spend some time together and get to know one another, which was important to me.

They hit it off really well and it wound up being a super fun relaxing day. We even hit a local crab house for lunch so Chrissy could have some Maryland Crabs and played on the docks afterwards!

Chrissy

Chrissy1

Chrissy2

Chrissy3

Chrissy4

Chrissy5

Chrissy7

Chrissy6

Chrissy8

Chrissy9

Chrissy10

Chrissy11

Chrissy12

Chrissy13

Chrissy14

Chrissy15

That night we went and saw The Boy in Rocky Horror again where I took pictures for the theatre organization. The Boy and I walked away with a few bottles of wine, Chrissy walked away with a few jars of locally grown blackberry preserves, and I have two pumpkins sitting on my front porch that make me smile every time I come home. Overall it was a perfect fall day spent outdoors!

No comments: