November 30, 2011

Patchie [Bakes]

I'm squeezing things in where I can these days, and part of that includes baking cookies at 10 o'clock at night. I made these years ago when I was just delving into baking things from scratch and wanted to do a dry run of them before I made them for a party next weekend. The black in the cookies? Not chocolate. It's actually tea leaves. I'd share the recipe except they do taste like they are missing something, so I'm going to attempt batch #2 hopefully this weekend, and if it works out the way I want it to I will have a recipe to share sometime next week!
Things are moving pretty hectically here, but I made sure my Thanksgiving weekend was pretty stress free and I got plenty of family time in. Plus it was about 70 degrees and I was able to spend most of the weekend outside. It was a very pleasant calm before the storm!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday! How prepared are you for the next one already? I'm about 95% done with the shopping/presents part!

No comments: