October 14, 2011

Patchie [Captures]

One of the wonderful things about RennFest this year has been the amount of free time I've had to just wander and quite often wander alone. I'll either get there before friends that I'm meeting, leave a little later, or maybe just hadn't bumped into someone I know yet that day. It lets me explore at my own pace, people watch in peace, and sit down on a bench under a tree with a mug of hot tea and a giant Belgian waffle and wait for something fun to happen.

Two weekends ago I was doing just that and happened to have found myself near the Bubble Cart (if you see pictures of people blowing bubbles at MDRF, this is the location the picture was taken. It's almost impossible to not catch good pictures there). The Royal Court was standing just behind me talking amongst themselves. Suddenly, the king spoke up. "Mistress Bubble Fairy! You're about to be out-bubbled!"

One of the knights in full Armour was walking to the cart, specifically towards the giant bowl of soap they use to blow the bubbles. The knight bent down, dipped his chainmail into the liquid, and brought it up to his face.
(Sorry these are slightly grainy/blurry, I'm stealing from my own Facebook again)
It wasn't crowded yet and the initial group around the cart was small, but the laughter that erupted certainly drew attention! It was one of those prime photographer moments - even though the lighting was bad and my angle wasn't great, I was in the right place at the right time. I'm happy to have those opportunities this year.

I had a rough night last night and a rocky morning (which included me realizing I left my purse at the place where I ate dinner....I hope...), but I'm going to push through today (with no lunch and money to GET lunch, argh) and I'm looking forward to a full weekend of faire with weather that looks like it's going to be fantastic. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too!

4 comments:

theolivetree said...

I hope you find your purse! ... and have a better day :)

Patchie said...

Purse was found!

rach. said...

i totally just went to a renfest too! oh my gosh, it was so much fun!


love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com

Marizabeth said...

So I take it the laptop is still being a meanie face?!?! If you can't get it to start up at all, let me know. Bear's laptop died similarly and my dad can get the hard drive out for you and put it in an external casing. Then you can access all your images and documents from another computer, and transfer to your new external if you want to. :)

I love the chainmail bubble shot.