September 6, 2011

Patchie [Revels]: MDRF Day 1

Even thought it technically opened last weekend, a lot of people joked that this past weekend was "Opening Part II" for the Maryland Renaissance Festival since a little thing called a hurricane threw a wrench into the real opening weekend. I went Saturday, giving a friend a ride but we split and did our own thing while we were there. This is my first year since I graduated college not working there. Before that because I was in college I could only make it once or twice a season. It's a very bizarre feeling being there without a "purpose" and having no time constraints. Plus having the good camera it's letting me take the pictures I've always wanted to take. I spent the first day catching a few shows I'd never had the time to catch and seeing a few that I had missed being able to see, like the London Broil. Sadly that first day I also wound up with a migraine, so I gave up on pictures and left pretty early. But I did catch some good ones, I think!







Sunday I went with a group of friends, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for those!

2 comments:

theolivetree said...

takes me back to high school we used to go every year for history class!

dulci said...

great pics!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/