September 19, 2011

Patchie [Pins]: September

Source
If you follow me on Twitter you know I've recently become addicted to Pinterest. The amount of recipes, DIY projects, and hair tutorials I've found is unreal. I've "pinned" a lot of things and when that list became pretty large I decided to set a goal for myself - I need to complete one of the things I pin at least once a month. With this goal in mind I decided to start big with a pretty epic-looking dessert.

The recipe I linked above is a made-from-scratch gooey sugary rich combination of layers of cookie dough, oreos, and brownie. Sadly with a full time job and hobbies including RennFest, photography, photo editing, and knitting I don't really have much time for a recipe I need to make from scratch, so I cut as many corners as I could. My ingredient list? a tube of pre-made cookie dough, a box of double stuff oreos, and a box of brownie mix. Instead of taking me probably 30 minutes to prep everything, I was done before the oven finished preheating. Besides making everything from scratch, I followed their recipe pretty closely when it came to putting it all together and baking.
Their pictures are much better, but my camera was dead and it looked too tasty to wait for it to charge. Final verdict? Probably could have used a little more cookie dough and brownie mix, but they were still really good. But careful - they fall apart really easily (the cream from the oreo separates from the cookie). Plan to use a spatula to get them out. Overall: success!

Have you made anything off Pinterest or found any good recipes or tutorials lately? Share them in the comments!

2 comments:

theolivetree said...

hello treats! I am so going to try these!

Patchie said...

It's so easy!