September 29, 2011

Etsy [Thursday]: Fall's Beginning!

To get to RennFest the last leg of my trip is on a winding back road that is surrounded by trees and marsh. It contains the last 10-15 minutes of my trip to the grounds and it has always felt like a great transition - I've been to faires where you go immediately from strip malls to the gates of the festival and it's almost jarring. The route I take lets the congested life slowly slip behind me with each curve in the road, sending me back in time and away from the "real world." It's one of those silly little things about my home festival that I love.

This past weekend was one of my two favorite weekends to drive that road - this weekend ultimately leads to the enjoyment of the second favorite. As I drove and stole a peek up into the trees I started to notice the little blotches of fall colorings in the leaves - a splash of gold here, a little orange there. In another few weeks it will be my favorite week, where it feels like literally overnight (but in reality over the course of a week since I don't travel that way on weekdays) the world has exploded in color and fall is in full swing.








 What's your favorite thing about early fall? My favorite weather is jeans and a tank top or shorts and a long sleeve shirt - this time of year is when that happens!

4 comments:

theolivetree said...

I love the colors changes! How fab is that leaf ring?!

Patchie said...

I love it too! I just have a hard time buying rings because if the band is too thick it makes my hands ache. Guess I'll have to settle for the necklace ;-)

Elegant Jewelry and Crafts said...

Love the colors Earthy. Soup mug too. Feel like cooking again.w

Jennifer said...

I LOVE that wreath! So beautiful!