August 31, 2011

Patchie [Updates]

Sorry for the total lack of updates post-Irene for you - we came out fine and unscathed and didn't even lose any trees, but I've just been uninspired to post. So instead of forcing something I figured I'd just keep quiet until something hit me.

My area really truly lucked out. The storm didn't come as close as they thought it would to us. There was still a significant amount of destruction and I know a lot of people who are still without power and others who have lost their homes (the house behind my parents has a tree literally splitting it down the middle all the way through the first floor). My parents only lost power for about four hours total and The Boy only lost power for about two and we were asleep for an hour and a half of it. But we drank a lot of wine and watched some movies and I got a lot of knitting done, so it was pretty similar to a snow day for me. I know how truly lucky we are and my heart goes out to all those who have been affected - areas in North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, and Vermont are in very bad shape.

 Anyway, nothing much else to report so I thought I'd share some humming bird pictures I caught a few weeks back. The quality isn't the best - I didn't plan ahead and had to snag these from my Facebook this morning which usually makes them a little grainy. But I opened a flickr account this week which will probably help with my photo quality if I ever figure out how to use it. Oh, and I'm on Pinterest now and I can't stop pinning. I think I have a problem.





I promise I've got another post of two for this week and then next week will be much more interesting because I'll be going to faire all weekend. I hope you're having a great week!

2 comments:

theolivetree said...

so glad you guys are ok!!

Marizabeth said...

I still love these shots. Did you use my lens for them? Great job... I think you have mastered the counter flip from the VR mechanism (that "jump" you can feel).