August 19, 2011

Patchie [Reccomends]

I wasn't going to post today because I feel generally uninspired and not gonna lie, pretty lazy. But I just used Sally Hansen Salon Effects for the second time and I love them, and therefore I want to share!

Up until about two months ago I could never stand nail polish on my fingers - it felt weird and it'd chip ten minutes later and it just wasn't worth the hassle. But on a whim I painted them and since I don't wear much jewelry to work (mostly on account to forgetting to put it in in the morning) it made me feel more dressy. Since then I've been repainting them every few days and it's actually stopped me from biting my nails - so now they're longer and look better!

Marizabeth was the one who told me to use the Salon Effects stuff - I was put off by the price but she promised me they would last long enough to justify the price. Not only did I decide to give them a go, but I gave them the ultimate test - I put them on right before I went on vacation. They lasted well over a week, and because I had picked a patterned design you couldn't see the few little chips here and there they acquired.
They also come in solid colors, but if I'm going to spend the money they are going to attention-grabbing. I chose the fishnet ones for the Renaissance Festival. They're totally period, right?

I hope you have a great weekend! Any exciting plans? And have you entered my giveaway yet? The winner will be announced next Friday, and the entries are crazy low!

4 comments:

Ashley Slater said...

that is so cool!!! I have been thinking of trying those bt afraid they would look too fake.... they look lovely though!

I am also hosting a giveaway on my blog today for a cute custom necklace from Ashley at the shine project! The Shine Project Giveaway you should check it out and enter!

Kristen said...

These look awesome on you! Avon did the same thing a few years back, and I got some for the french manicures, they always looked great! http://reviews.avon.com/5588/30969/reviews.htm
Sadly, they never thought of the super fun patterns, and like you, I didn't see the point of solid colors if I'm going to pay that much $$. I'll have to pick some of these up soon!

Sara Bell said...

I have seen a few of these Super-Rad-Nail pictures floating all over the web now and I'm convinced it's time for me to try them too.
I only paint my toenails though. Do they come in toenail version?

Patchie said...

I have a few left over that I am going to try on my toes...I will let you know how they turn out!