August 17, 2011

Patchie [Recaps]: Cape Cod - Finale

I'm going to wrap up the Cape Cod pictures today, I think. Mainly because I didn't take nearly as many pictures the last couple days for various reasons (forgetting the battery to the camera one day and then just enjoying my time up there while I could). Plus our final afternoon/evening up there was pretty cloudy and rainy.

Another reason is Monday marked three years since my grandfather passed away, and looking at pictures from The Cape is just keeping the emotion fresh. I can't put my finger on why, but leaving this year was the hardest it's been since that last year the grandpa was alive. That year something told me I'd never see him again. While I didn't have that same feeling this year, it wasn't any easier. Not that it's ever been easy, but sometimes it's harder than others. It's hard spending so little time in the place you call home.

Not to be a downer, because that's where this is going fast. Not my point. My point is that I love it up there so much, I enjoy myself so much, and it means so much to me that The Boy is falling in love with it too that life up there becomes paradise, and I can't get enough of it.

On the same day we went to Chatham The Boy and I decided to have a beach picnic dinner. We grabbed sandwiches from a local deli, grabbed a beach towel, and plopped down on the ocean side. That night wound up being the prettiest sunset we had our entire vacation!

Don't worry, this might be the end of the beach pictures (for now), but you're gonna get hit with all new photo bombs for the next 8 weeks or so...but you'll hear more about that tomorrow!

No comments: