August 17, 2011

Patchie [Cooks]

The Boy and I have been house sitting, but we didn't plan it very well this year - our schedule is so packed we haven't had a lot of time to take advantage of the fact that we have an entire kitchen at our disposal to cook and bake and experiment (not from lack of effort though, I've tried to make muffins three times but the milk went bad - boo).

Last night though I finally got to make something I've been wanting to try for awhile!
Catalina Pork.

I'm all about simple, and this one is one of the simplest! And of course I'm going to share...

Ingredients:
3 pork chops
8oz Catalina Dressing
1 packet onion dip mix
1 can whole cranberries

For us I only used about a third of the cranberry mix - neither one of us are huge cranberry fans, but it did add a sweetness to the pork that was really good.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325*
Spray a baking dish with Pam, put pork chops in dish.
Combine other 3 ingredients in a bowl and stir until mixed together
Pour mixture over pork chops
Bake about 50 minutes, depending on thickness of pork chops.

I combined them with some corn and Texas Toast, and Nametwin joined us last minute for dinner, too! We sat around, ate dinner, drank some of the wine we got on vacation, and watched Sunday in the Park with George and both of them really liked the pork - I love it when simple things turn out so tasty!

Do you have any favorite simple recipes that taste a lot more complicated than they are? Add this one to the list!

2 comments:

Sara Bell said...

The porkchops I make are very simple. I put rosemary, thyme, allspice and oregano in a frying pan with about 1/4 inch of apple juice and cook my porkchops until they're done. Sometimes I add other things if I'm feeling inspired, but those are the base. I've never tried them (not a pork fan) but everyone is always surprised the recipe calls for so little.

Patchie said...

Oh, that sounds really good too! What I like about pork chops is you can take any pork or chicken recipe, just switch the meat, and it tastes just as good. This was actually originally a chicken recipe!