July 11, 2011

Patchie [Went]

Saturday a group of us met up at the first ever Annapolis Irish Festival. It blew my mind that Annapolis had never had one before - there's such a strong Irish presence there. The Rovers were playing as well as a few other bands we knew, so it was totally worth the trip!

It was crazy hot because it's Maryland in July and the humidity sits at a steady 99% from now until mid September, which is just painfully hot. We slathered ourselves in sunscreen but it all melted off within the first ten minutes because everyone got burnt (I'm convinced I got burnt because my camera strap rubbed the sunscreen off. Blah). But for the first ever festival they've held it was a lot of fun - lots of vendors and bands and food. I can't wait to see how they grow over the years!


That night was a big bonfire that Marizabeth and her Bear throw every year and I found myself double-fisting with a drink and a bottle of aloe for my burnt shoulders. Sadly I didn't get any pictures because my camera immediately died as soon as I got there, but it was a lot of fun. Pretty mellow for the most part, and I had a lot of good conversations and saw some faces that I don't get to see very often. All in all a good night!

Did you do anything exciting? Battling any sunburn yourself? I tell you what - stick the aloe in the fridge. It feels wonderful!

2 comments:

Marizabeth said...

I didn't take any photos either! haha But it was a good time!

Patchie said...

It was a great time. Pretty mellow!