July 5, 2011

Patchie [Shares]

I hope you all had as wonderful of a weekend as I did! In America it was our Independence Day, so the weekend was full off good food, good drinks, good company, and lots and lots of events!

Because I took the pictures on my iPhone, I thought I'd share with you the easiest dessert ever that is great for barbeque's and pot luck parties. I needed to use up some melting chocolates and the idea struck me less than an hour before we were supposed to leave on Sunday for The Boy's family get together. The best part? This is so simple I completed it with time to spare!

Ingredients:
Strawberries
Blueberries
Melting chocolates
Toothpicks

Directions:
1. Cut the tops off of the strawberries so they will sit flat on a plate
2. Melt the chocolate
3. Dip the tip of the strawberry
4. Put 2 blueberries on a toothpick and insert it into the tip of the strawberry
5. Rinse and repeat until you run out of supplies!

This went super easy with a red, white and blue theme, but there are a lot of options of different fruits and even food coloring for the chocolate!

They were a hit. I was outside (under cover!) with The Boy watching one heck of a lightning storm...
...and by the time I came inside they were almost all gone!

Monday was much more low key than the other two days, even though it was the actual holiday. We partied plenty the other two days so we just visited and talked with a few friends for the afternoon, went to a local seafood place for dinner and met up with Marizabeth and her Bear, and wrapped up the evening over their house with a glass of wine. Overall a very successful holiday weekend!

What did you do this weekend? Did you make any foods to share or have any super simple recipes that you love to make for parties? I'd love it if you shared them!

P.S. - Only three days left to enter My Giveaway! I will be announcing the winner Friday!

5 comments:

theolivetree said...

Those strawberries as oh so cute! I actually make something similar...my sweet little nephew has a peanut allergy so I hunted down some chocolate that he could eat...it wasn't very good but he was sooooo happy he could eat it...so I think it was worth it!

theolivetree said...

p.s...somehow I wasn't following your blog! I am now ... lol!

Patchie said...

Aw, I'm glad he could eat it though! It's the thought that counts :-)

And thank you for following!

Marizabeth said...

It was a good weekend, for sure! Don't forget we met The Wailers! Holy mackeral, that was the coolest. :) I can't wait to get those pictures! xo

Patchie said...

Those will be up Friday, probably!