July 12, 2011

Patchie [Lunches & Rants]

 I took yesterday off work because I had a couple doctors appointments and the timing made it pretty impractical to try to go to work before, between, or after. After the first appointment I went back to The Boy (we're house sitting for his mom this week) and since he didn't have to be at work until 4:00 (the grueling life of a guitar teacher), we decided to go treat ourselves to a nice lunch!
 We went down to one of our many waterfront restaurants and treated ourselves to cream of crab soup, crab pretzels, and Blue Moon. We were literally the only ones in the restaurant and enjoyed how private it felt. We also very much enjoyed the view and each others company.
After lunch we walked out to the end of the pier and there was a nice breeze blowing, but it did little to mask the fact that it was 95 degrees and 99% humidity. The sad part? Today it's going to be hotter.
 Today I'm back to work, but it was a nice little change to the usual routine!

A little off topic, but I'm about to go on a mini-rant here. Since I had the time and was accomplishing things anyways I thought I'd go in and get my hair trimmed. I knew the ends were split, but I didn't really want any length taken off at all. The woman told me that about half an inch would do the trick, I said ok. She asked if I wanted layers, I told her less than an inch worth of layers - "so long you pretty much can't tell."

Kiss of death. The length is ok - still pretty much the same. The layers? Up to my jawbone. That's a lot more than an inch, and now I can't do anything to style it - no more braids or buns or anything. I was livid. I got myself some biotin vitamins which is supposed to help it grow faster, but if you know any tricks let me know. That's certainly the last time I ever go to The Hair Cuttery - this isn't exactly my first bad experience with them, either. I've spent the last 8 months growing out bad layers.

Anyway. The rest of yesterday was enjoyable, and the best part is this is my second 4-day workweek in a row. They should all be like this!

2 comments:

theolivetree said...

I married a guitar player...he takes songs request which i love!

Patchie said...

The Boy's actually doing an open mic tonight!