June 22, 2011

Way Back When[sday]: Bash

Two years ago I worked on a play called Bash. I wrote about it briefly here. While I was busy, I was no where near as busy as I was the following year. Of the two years, this show fell in the right one. If I had tried to do a show on top of last fall, I probably wouldn't be alive.

It's hard to pick a "favorite" show, and I think it's unfair to do so. If you can't find something enjoyable in each experience it's not worth doing anymore (although I will admit there are those duds here and there). But this one certainly ranks in the top five...everyone got along, everyone pitched in to help out, it was simple without being dull, and it was a damn good show.

So anyway, I was down at the same outdoor theatre last Friday because The Boy and Nametwin were in a show, and I was backstage waiting out a downpour. Something caught my eye.
First line of the show written in chalk, still very visible right where the actor who delivered it made his entrance. Little things like this make me smile.

Sorry about the lack of update yesterday, I'm in a bit of a rut for no real reason. My allergies seem to be particularly bad this week (or I'm getting sick, I really hope it's the former) and I just don't feel like myself. Hopefully this weekend will get me back on my feet.

2 comments:

Marizabeth said...

Feel better! I promise coffee (or any of my various teas) and Bee Folks honey (Almond or Butterbean) on Saturday morning! I may even be lucky enough to have Bear make breakfast! I am bribing! :)

And you are SUCH a theatre nerd! :) I miss that feeling, though, that there is something enjoyable in doing all that. Maybe I'll get that back after my long break.

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

I'm having a $50 giveaway if you'd like to check it out. :) x
devorelebeaumonstre.com