June 13, 2011

Patchie [Records]

Zorro is our little Dummy. He pretty much earned the nickname from the moment we brought him inside. He misses his target a lot when he's jumping for something. He will snuggle with you all night and then foret who you are the next morning and hide all day. He is afraid of everything - sounds, shadows, bugs, other cats, shoes, water, doors, himself, dogs, and the TV, just to name a few. He has a snaggle tooth. Oh, and he eats dust.  
Lately his compulsion is he stares at the ceiling for hours. There usually isn't anything actually on the ceiling (if tehre were a reflection I'd understand), and even if there is a reflection it doesn't have to be moving or changing for him to stare and cry until he either gets hungry or has to poop.

I took this video of him yesterday while The Boy was making me an awesome surprise breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Realize that there is a reflection on the ceiling but nothing is changing about it - it's not moving, nothing is moving in front of it. He had already been staring for a good ten minutes before I got the iphone out.

Also, notice Wendy's cameo where she walks over to him like "WHAT. WHY ARE YOU CRYING." And then just gives up and walks away. She's the smart one.

6 comments:

Diana E.S. said...

Haha. Stupid kitty.

The Book Florist said...

Thanks for your comment! I going to pick up a copy of Hitchhiker's this morning before my exam block at 9:00, and as soon as it's over, I'm racing back home, jumping into bed with my electric blanket on and snuggling down for a good long read! I'll be sure to mention what I'm enjoying, so perhaps you'd like to mention some of the things that you so enjoy about it too! Take care, The Book Florist.

Ashley Slater said...

haha that video is hilarious...... maybe you have a ghost that only he can see!

Marizabeth said...

Oh, jeez. He is a wee bit skittish... or really plain scared of life. But so... precious. Remind me to tell you what "precious" means on the farm. You will die laughing, and I have to see it.

Patchie said...

I'm glad you guys found it as amusing as I do...I'm worried I'm turning into one of those pet owners that find their own animals adorable and hysterical and shares way too much completely uninteresting stuff. But really..there's nothing there!

Kim said...

Very cute! And I was thinking the same thing as Ashley. It is possible. Animals are much more sensitive to things than we are.