May 31, 2011

Patchie [Travels]

 Hello readers! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I got back Sunday completely wiped out from my long weekend in Nashville, TN but it was totally worth it. I love having the type of friends where we can go over a year without seeing each other and then when we finally do we pick up right where we left off. I am so lucky!

My first day there after a tasty lunch at a diner and a long nap, we spent the evening catching up and reminiscing about college and people and might have gotten a little drunk off wine and started calling people who weren't able to be there with us (including The Boy who was such a good sport). We laughed hard and were loud and rowdy, just like old times.

Friday Chrissy and I woke up and got ourselves ready to hit downtown Nashville. We did a driving tour that included the Country Music Hall of Fame, The Parthenon (which I actually visited later), Taylor Swift's apartment building, and then Taylor Swift's actual apartment building. We shot down part of Music Row and saw some giant naked statue that was decked out in hockey gear for the playoff game coming up. We eventually parked and got out to walk Broadway and find ourselves some lunch!

 We ate at the Wildhorse Saloon, which was delicious. They had a DJ mid-day who was giving line dancing lessons. Chrissy wanted me to go up and do it but there was some sort of school group there so it was all kids and I wasn't going to be that person that crashes their thing. We finished our meal and wandered around a little more before heading out so Chrissy could go to work for a few hours.
When I was in Nashville last we never actually went downtown. We stayed on the outskirts where Chrissy lived when we went out and we went canoe-ing elsewhere (ever seen An American Haunting? There.). I'm so glad we made it downtown this time!

That night we went barhopping on Broadway and 2nd Ave, but you'll have to wait for those pictures - I took so many I couldn't get through everything last night after work.

I love being away and traveling but I love coming home, too. The Boy and I had a great afternoon yesterday relaxing and then joining Nametwin for dinner before they had to leave for rehearsal. This week is Marizabeth's birthday week! Our work schedules don't match up too well, but I plan on kidnapping her Saturday to do something fun and I will hopefully be seeing her tonight as well.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting?

2 comments:

Marizabeth said...

I'm glad you had so much fun!!! And I can't wait to see you tonight!!!

Patchie said...

It was an unbelievable amount of fun. It's another location I need to work into the mix of places to hit more often!