May 16, 2011

Patchie [Imagines]

Happy Monday, Internet! I hope you had a fantastic weekend! Saturday I grabbed Marizabeth and our friend Kaitelyn and took them up to the Maryland Faerie Festival! The weather was a little threatening, but after having to skip last year I was determined to go this time. I'm glad we took the risk - it was cloudy and a little humid, but it never rained! It made me wish I had brought my wings that I have yet to wear (they are a paper/cotton blend, which makes them not water-friendly). We had a blast wandering around, checking out the vendors and watching the different acts which included belly dancers, story tellers, and a steampunk band that sang Lady Gaga and Queen. It was a day well spent!




I was very tempted to go back on my own Sunday, but you see that hat in the above picture? It was a splurge (I'm allowed, it's my birthday week!), and I knew if I went back I'd just spend more money. But I got to see a lot of my friends from faire Saturday and had some great conversations, which made me happy. In two weeks I'll be at the TN Festival, and then I've gotta wait until August for the next one. I'm going to go through withdrawal!

Saturday evening I spent with Marizabeth and her Bear watching Dr. Who and eating Chinese, and then I came home to find out we had a leak in our roof and it's going to be a major repair. Sigh. Let's hope for not much rain this week!

This is going to be a busy week - I try to use the week of my birthday as an excuse to do a bunch of stuff and this year is no different. I'm excited! How was your weekend?

7 comments:

Marizabeth said...

Oh no! Leaks are lame. BUT I had a lot of fun this weekend with you! You have to come catch up on Game of Thrones at some point, too... you are four episodes behind or something! (btw, this last episode was SUPER gory... I was hiding behind my pillow. Yup, I'm a big girl!)

Also... I has a birthday gift for you... I only need ONE last component... and some fancy shmancy wrapping! :D

Patchie said...

Leaks are very lame. I had fun too! We will have to have a Game of Thrones marathon or something, otherwise I'll never catch up. Haha!

theolivetree said...

Happy Birthday week! I so wanna see if we have any where local to go strawberry picking now!

The Book Florist said...

Rain rain go away!
Come again another day!

And throw in a little anti-rain jig! Take care.

Patchie said...

Thank you both!

I've gone berry picking for other types of berries before, but I don't think I've ever been strawberry picking. I hope the weather cooperates!

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. :) and Happy Birthday!!

Patchie said...

Thank you Ashley!! We had a blast :-)