May 3, 2011

Patchie [Burns]

 I appologize for being M.I.A yesterday - I got sick Sunday evening and was down for the count all day yesterday and the last thing on my mind was attempting to blog. I'm still not doing too great, but I'm upright and that's a start.

Saturday was a local Celtic Festival that took place at a park down on the river, and it was by far the best weather so far this spring - sunny and warm (but not too warm!). I carpooled with a friend and we went with the idea that we were bound to run into other people while we were there that we knew, so we didn't worry about planning to meet up with anyone. Turns out we didn't have to - not ten minutes in we bumped into a large group of our friends!
 About five minutes after that I was approached about my kilt - not in a "where did you get that" sort of way, but a "Hi, I'm the head of our chapter for your clan and here's a bunch of information and you should check us out!" Which was pretty awesome. My tartan is a well-reccognized one, but I've never been approached in that fashion before. It made me smile!
The day was an absolute blast, even though I burnt the crap out of the part in my hair (have you ever done that? It's the worst!). I got to see friends I hadn't seen in awhile, laugh, drink, shop, eat, and listen to The Rovers play! Sweetie put it best - at one point she threw her arms out, threw her head back, and shouted "It is a wonderful day to be alive!"

I couldn't agree more.

3 comments:

Marizabeth said...

Look like you had a lot of fun! I am glad to see Katietron out and about! We all need to get together at some point in the near future!

Renée said...

this looks like so much fun!

Patchie said...

It was a blast! I love these sorts of things. It was also refreshing to see that Celtic didn't just equal Irish like it usually does...Scotland and Wales were well represented!