April 5, 2011

Patchie [Wanders]

Sunday The Boy and I spent the day wandering around DC to celebrate our one year anniversary. We hadn't had the opportunity to do that in a long time. It was a chilly day so we kept our destinations pretty close together, but our number one goal was the tidal basin, just like we did last year. And like last year I was able to borrow a DSLR from a friend - this time a Nikon 3100. I am about 80% certain this is the camera I'm buying myself, hopefully in the next month!

We caught just the tail end of the peak bloom - they are just starting to brown a little. But I feel like this is something everyone should see once, especially those who live close by. It's so pretty, which is why I am giving you a bit more of a photo dump than I usually do.



We didn't walk the whole basin this time, but it was a lot colder, we got into the city later than we did last year, and it's not necessary to enjoy it. Maybe we'll do it again next year. We watched a dance performance right by the Washington Monument for awhile on the main stage, ate some hot dogs (the last 2 the stand had - we were so lucky!), and then made our way to the Museum of Natural History. But you'll have to wait until tomorrow for some of those shots!

3 comments:

CAPow! said...

I'm so jealous! I've wanted to see the DC Cheery blossoms for YEARS and I still haven't made it there!

Marizabeth said...

I think I went once a long time ago... maybe...

Patchie said...

I've lived in the area almost my entire life and had never been until last year. It's worth the trip and the crowds!