April 22, 2011

Patchie [Parks]

Wednesday Marizabeth and I took advantage of the nice weather (it was in the 80s!) and jumped on down to a local park to spend a good chunk of the early evening. It's great going out with a fellow photographer friend because we can properly geek and talk shop. And what's also fun since she's a fellow photographer is you can see the same park through her eyes here! She also wrote a really sweet post about my photography here that made me smile and feel really good about myself. I have awesome friends.

We took a bridge over to a wooded area that wound up being more campgrounds than walking trail, so we turned around and headed back towards the water. Marizabeth kept me entertained juggling her 3 cameras, and I can't wait to see what comes out of the Holga when she gets the film developed!

We spent the remainder of our time by the water, sitting on the dock and sticking our feet in the water. We watched boats and birds and joked and laughed about little things. It was a great way to enjoy such a lovely afternoon - being in an office all day ever week makes me miss being able to spend so much time outside.

We debated staying until sunset, but it was still a few hours away and we were both hungry so we left our perch and met Nametwin at Panera. A few hours later when we looked up and saw the sunset we slightly regretted the decision (but there will be plenty more!).



I really truly miss having so much free time. It was such a nice change of pace to go and just sit someplace and chill. I value my time because I don't have a lot of it anymore, and I really value my time right now because come this fall I'll have even less because theatre picks back up. The two days I get as my weekend are what I live for, and I cherish them.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my lovely readers! Saturday I am excited to see a friend who I haven't seen in months and have some new adventures with her and Sunday we are doing Easter dinner with The Boy's family. Do you have any big plans?

3 comments:

The Book Florist said...

No big plans myself. The flowers looked absolutely beautiful. Is it Spring for you over there? I am intrigued about the 'theatre' that you referred to! What sort of theatre, and what do you do in relation to it? Hey, thankyou for visiting my blog and commenting, by the way! Happy Easter, and take care.

Marizabeth said...

You got some truly amazing shots lady! I just got the 35mm developed and they turned out! Yay! Even with the broken light meter (well, inaccurate light meter). I can't wait to have another go at it next week!!! Maybe I'll kill the roll of 120 film in the Holga (although here is something I was wondering: I have no idea if I loaded color or b&w film...). :D

Patchie said...

The Book Florist - Spring is certainly in full bloom here! Where we are in the states we get a very short spring and have a heck of a hot summer, so I embrace as much outdoor time this time of year as I can! I think I'm going to do a detailed theatre psot soon - but if you check out the "theatre" tag I have you can read more in the meantime!

Marizabeth - Thank you so much! I had a blast with you and I can't wait until our next outing!