April 1, 2011

Patchie [Knits]

In the last month I have taken 5 or 6 knitting "orders" from friends - two are gifts, the rest are things that people have picked out and will be paying for once they are completed. Luckily the due dates are pretty spread out, because 3 of the projects are large ones, including two shawls (of which I've only started one). There are also things I want to knit for myself, but they have to wait for two things: money for yarn, and time to work on them. I needed an instant gratification project, and a chunky hat in a fun different color was born. This will eventually end up in the etsy shop I hope to open by this fall - I just need some sort of inventory to put in it first. Current count: two things. This may take longer than I thought. But an exciting thing about this project is that blue flower is the first thing I've crocheted in over two years! I was a crocheter for about 3 or 4 years before I picked up knitting and haven't really looked back, but it was nice to see that I still have it. Perhaps there are more flowers in my future!

1 comment: