March 8, 2011

Patchie [Finishes!]

Another one checked off the list of things to finish! I'm halfway through a present I can't share here because I'm not sure if she still read this blog or not, and the next one "due" after that is a hat which should take no time at all - then I have no deadlines until June. I'm truckin' along!
I love this - it is soft and warm and can be wrapped multiple ways. It is saroyan, and can be found on Ravelry. My ends don't match because I followed the pattern instead of my instinct, which says you don't decrease on rows 3 and 11 which are wrong. If you knit this, decrease away! I have five leaves on one side and six on the other, and the side with six is still fatter. Sigh. Although the way I plan on wrapping it, I don't think anyone will ever know. Except all of you, because now I have told you. And when you see me proudly sporting this at faire, you can run up to me and proclaim I am lopsided. I give you permission.

4 comments:

Julie said...

that shawl is so pretty!! love the bright colour, too.

Patchie said...

Thank you! I would have never picked this color is it weren't for the leaves, but I'm so glad I did!

Marizabeth said...

I love how it matched my hair dye while dying my hairs. Of course, now my hairs are yellow, so I can get my orange fix whenever I see you in this. Wear it often. :D

Patchie said...

It will be worn very often. But probably not soon, because it is starting to get warm out.