March 10, 2011

Patchie [Burns]

After the parade and such on Saturday we had a little impromptu potluck dinner at my house. One of the downsides of living in this area is you're within commuting distance of a major (government) city, which means it is near impossible to move out unless you find a steal of a deal, get lucky, or find 4 other people to live with. Because of this I'm still living at home, and I take any opportunity I can when my parents leave town to have a few people over.

We ate, played Apples to Apples, ate some more, and when a few people stepped outside to smoke they noted how warm it was, so we broke out the wood and spent the rest of the night around the fire telling stories and laughing. I can't wait for the weather to get even warmer so we can have more of these!
Sunday was the WATCH (Washington Area Theatre Community Honors) awards, and The Producers, a show I worked on this past summer, was nominated for Best Musical and they performed at the awards, which meant The Boy performed there as well. I was proud of him! Our theatre walked away with 8 awards.

This week has been slow and steady. I've got the rest of the work day today to get through, and then The Boy and I head out of town to Luray, VA since our one year anniversary is coming up and we wanted a break from the real world. I can't wait!

4 comments:

theolivetree said...

I love the game apples to apples!...I usually win...and I really like games where I win :)

Patchie said...

I either do REALLY well or lose horribly. This time is was the latter. But still totally fun!

theolivetree said...

Of course The Music Man and singing in the rain!!! Love those! I even like the grown up musicals...like Across the Universe. I'm glad I'm not alone :)

Patchie said...

Have you looked into Into the Woods? It's actually a recorded version of the OBC, but it. is. AWESOME.