February 22, 2011

Patchie [Walks]

The last two weekends Nametwin and I have gone to the Humane Society to walk dogs. The weather is getting nicer and we wanted to get outside, plus it's an excuse to get exercise. We start off getting some of the little puppies and playing with them for a bit, snugglign them and watchign them chase each other, and then we usually pick a pir of dogs who probably don't get walked together very often but are pent up in a shared cage all day. Our local Humane Society backs up to a neighborhood, so it's easy to walk a block or two with them. It makes for a great afternoon, and you feel like you've done something productive and helpful afterwards. It's win-win!

With the weather getting nicer, festival dates are coming closer and people are wanting to break free of winter hibernation and make plans and do things. Life is picking up again (not that it ever really slowed down). Spring is near, and I couldn't be happier!

4 comments:

Marizabeth said...

Awwww! I wanna go! I wanna play with the puppiessss!

Patchie said...

Ok!!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh my goodness these little puppies are adorable. How wonderful that you give of your time to go and help out by walking the dogs.

Patchie said...

Thank you Alicia! By the time we went back the next weekend all but one had been adopted!

In the end everyone benfits - I'm donating time to the shelter, the dogs (and I!) get out and get to stretch their legs, and it's an excuse to hang out with my best friend.