February 15, 2011

Patchie [Summarizes]

I'm playing catchup here, and have fallen a little behind on things I want to talk about. Things I was going to make individual posts I'm going to instead lump into one, list-form update so I can finally get back into present day, and give Valentines Day the separate post it deserves.



- I bought a car. I've been without power steering, heat, decent breaks, and various other things since October. This made driving on anything other than a straight road pretty hard, and driving in bad weather almost impossible. I mentioned to very good friends during a visit I was going to test drive a car the next day, and he said "why bother? I'm selling one." It was a car in Pittsburgh I had never seen, but I went off of faith in my friends and a damn good sticker price and guaranteed a sale so they would meet me half way. I am now the proud owner of a 2002 2-door Honda Accord, my first car I 100% paid for myself. Considering this time last year I wasn't sure how I was going to make it from one student loan payment to the next, I am very proud of this.


- I won radio tickets to a Football Bash in DC and because The Boy was involved in a show that was not only performing but striking immediately after, I grabbed my friend Christian and we popped into the city. It was a blast - saw the whole talk show bunch and hung out with them a bit, met a whole bunch of hysterical people, and had mini bets going between the tables. I'd never won anything before, and it was a lot of fun!


- A few other blog entries worth noting: A Fragile Hope has updated with one of the sweetest Valentines/Love posts I have ever read, Nametwin wrote a great, simple one about the fact that just being "good" is more than enough, and I have become obsessed with Color me Katie and it always puts me in a better mood.


- I am seeing The Avett Brothers on Friday, and you should be jealous because if you have never checked them out, go listen to I and Love and You, or anything off that album. They are the soundtrack to my last year in college, and one of the first bands The Boy ever told me to "check out" when we went on our first quasi-date to Dennys at one in the morning. As silly as this is, I knew at that moment this was going to go somewhere. At look at us now.


Happy Belated Valentines Day, Internet. You don't need to be in a romantic relationship to celebrate love

No comments: