February 19, 2011

Patchie [Loves]





Valentine's Day started a little early this year. Trying to go out the day of to any sort of restaurant is ludicrous. It's crowded, you wait forever for a table, things are marked up, and when The Boy doesn't get off work until 7:00, you end up eating at 9. On a Monday. And I'm like an infant, I need my sleep.




Enter Ted and Mary - two good friends who have a pretty sweet apartment. And I don't know who thought of it first, but we decided to do an at-home Valentines Day dinner on Sunday. Our friends Kyle and Katie were added into the mix, and a plan was born.




It was wonderful! We still dressed up, sipped on wine and had finger foods early in the afternoon, and eventually the women split off from the men so we could cook and they could play...Broadway Dance on the Wii. No, really.




Everything was made from scratch, everything was delicious, we had great conversations and many laughs. And because Mary is starting up her own photography business, we had a photoshoot (which is where these pictures are all yanked from, and you can find her here).




For the record, we took serious ones too and they are adorable (and you can find them on her site). But the goofy ones are pretty fantastic.


Wrapping up the evening, we decided to have these weekly dinners as often as possible. And this week’s theme is a complete 180, and I’m a little excited.



(this is the only picture out of this post that is mine! Credit for the rest here!)



Monday at work The Boy sent me flowers – tulips and iris’. I had never been sent flowers before, and they are lovely. That night he made me steak (he makes the BEST steak) and we cuddled on the couch with wine and Family Guy. Low key and perfect.



I am lucky to have as much love in my life as I do.

No comments: