February 20, 2011

Patchie [Listens]

The Avett Brothers are a large part of the soundtrack of my college years. The Boy (and my brother) are big fans as well, and so the three of us got tickets. It was at DAR Constitution Hall, and if you are ever in DC and have the chance to see a concert there, do it. The space is awesome. Our tickets were for one of the boxes and it was considered general seating so I wasn't sure what to expect or how packed it would be, so we got there early and delightfully found that it was 5 chairs. And if I ever go back for anything, I will try to get box seats again.

They opened with a simple rendition of "Murder in the City" which was beyond beautiful. Their energy was fantastic, and they almost sound better live than recorded. Easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

The people on the floor seating were all standing, but because we were above them we were able to sit back and really listen and absorb. There's music you hear and there's music you feel, and The Avett Brothers are something I feel. It was also The Boy and mine's fist concert together, and only the second my brother and I had ever been to together. This is a night that is going to make me smile for a long time.

No comments: