February 7, 2011

Patchie [Blocks]

One of the coolest things about knitting is taking something that looks like this...
Blocking it like this...
And ending up with this.
This is my first shawl, and probably the first of many. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it was going to, and the end result is so pretty. I may be addicted to lace.

Ravelry project can be found here.

Oh, I also bought a car this weekend. But that's another post for another day when I don't want to rip my sinuses out of my face. Right now, I just want to sleep.

3 comments:

Julie said...

It's beautiful!! lace shawls are so fun to knit, because of that very transformation. Yours is stunning.

Patchie said...

Thank you so much! I tend to get bored with projects once they hit about 75% done, but with this I had NO IDEA what it was going to look like at the end, which made me want to keep going!

Kim said...

One person should not have so much talent - it's totally unfair! ;-)

Seriously, it's beautiful.