January 28, 2011

Patchie [Adjusts]


This week has been rough. I'm still reeling from a phone call I received late Monday morning that delivered some bad news that I'm still attempting to adjust to, and honestly it's mostly that phone call that screwed up my entire week. But add that on top of other events that have recently happened (or have been slowly happening) to me, and I think I may be depressed. Not dangerously so, certainly not the most depressed I've ever been, but still...depressed. It's the dead of winter. It's to be expected. I'll pull out of it soon enough. The way I function is I need to just let myself embrace it a little, let it out so it doesn't get bottles up and overflow, and know that there is light on the horizon. I'll get there soon enough.

I've taken a lot of solace in my knitting though. It's very cathartic. It also makes me a hermit, hiding downstairs in my house while the rest of the family spends time together above me. It doesn't help with the sinking feeling of loneliness I get sometimes. But it's less stressful, and that trade off is worth it. Plus it makes the time pass between when I get off work and The Boy gets off work, and that's nice. But it also means I don't accomplish some of the things I need to, like laundry.

Anyway, to give myself something to look forward to The Boy and I have planned a long weekend getaway for March that I am thoroughly excited for, we have awesome Valentines Day plans brewing with some friends, and are going to see The Avett Brothers somewhere in between. Once these are over the days should be starting to get a little warmer. I've got plenty on the horizon. I just need to keep looking ahead.

2 comments:

Diana E.S. said...

Dude... it's going around. I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

Patchie said...

I've noticed that it seems to be a theme among the other bloggers I read. 'Tis the season, I suppose.