November 5, 2010

Patchie [Dresses]

The Boy and I had not one, but two Halloween parties to attend this year. One was an indoor house party and the other was an outdoor in-the-woods extravaganza complete with a Rocky Horror showing.

I don't know what it was about this year, but I just was not into Halloween. I didn't care about dressing up, I didn't care about celebrating it, and I didn't even care about candy corn. I KNOW. I think I was just burnt out - from dressing up (I'd been doing it for the past 9 weeks), from always doing something on the weekends (I missed sleep), and...well, I don't know why I didn't want the candy. Weight? Boredom? Stress? Who knows.

But having two parties in two different locations meant two costumes that we threw together generally last minute. The above is our Liz Lemon/Kenneth Parcell 30 Rock look (and shows off my new haircut...4 inches shorter!), and below is the outdoors Titana/Oberon look, which basically grew out of "we both bought killer coats. What can we turn this in to?"
Simple and stress free. And on Sunday, my first day off since August, I slept until noon. I never changed otu of my pjs, The Boy made me a killer breakfast, and we snuggled on the couch all day and watched the Redskins lose while I dozed here and there. It was a perfect Sunday.

I woke up Monday sick, because that's how it always seems to go. But I'm doing better now.

This week I also held auditions for my one act and it is now officially cast. We start rehearsals next week, and I have a few fieldtrips planned. I also gave myself a project this week that's prepping for next weekend: Faeriecon!

No comments: