October 27, 2010

Patchie [Transitions]

And just like that, RennFest is over. No more running around in garb all weekend, eating amazing food and taking ridiculous pictures with the girls I work with. It was an amazing season...I was exhausted, aching, borderline sinus infection, and a little cranky at times, but I wouldn't take it back for anything. I look forward to it even more next year. And it'll come sooner than I expect it to, especially with all the off season faire happenings I've already got lined up. It was a bittersweet ending, but I couldn't have asked for a better season.

And because apparently I have no desire to catch up on ife, in the past 48 hours I've come to the realization that I'm working on 3 productions this winter: I'm assistant directing a production of Assassins (which The Boy is in, and he's gonna blow everyone's socks off), I'm stage managing the Hack & Slash Christmas Special (again!), and I was just selected to represent my local theatre for the second year in a row in the State One Act Festival by directing a show. Last year we went on to win states and did very well at regionals but it was a very stressful (although worth it) process. I'm excited to approach it knowing what I know now. I fully plan on being much less stressed this time around. Auditions for it are next week, and then we can get the ball rolling.

This weekend looks to be exciting as well, with two Halloween parties and a certain Rally on a certain National Mall. Sunday will be my first day off since August. I am not going to know what to do with myself (I know, you're all shouting "nothing! That's the point!"). I will stop neglecting this blog, I promise. Even though I'll still be busy, I'll have time to catch my breath. And that's the "sweet" part of "bittersweet."

No comments: