October 28, 2010

Patchie [Cooks!]

Part of the 9 Weeks of Insanity was my complete lack of desire to cook. I mean, I could have. I craved some of the foods I make. But other than the Breakfast for Dinner adventure for Nametwin's birthday, I hadn't made anything more complicated than a bagel since August.

The Boy and I were looking for something to eat for dinner last night, we were both broke, and I was craving pizza so I found myself at the food store gathering ingredients for one of my favorite things to make.

Ok, mini-tangent. People make poke fun at me for calling it a food store. That's what it is! There's food there and you buy it, thus making it a store! My mom says it, my dad says it, my aunt and uncle say it, my grandmother says it....and they're all from Jersey. Is it (don't you dare bring up South Park) a Jersey thing? Are we just strange?

Anyway. The above is a Pesto Shrimp Pizza, and it's kind of stupid simple. Not necessarily cheap, but all the ingredients are things that once I have my own place will remain in stock because I use them all in various recipes. Here's your shopping list: pizza crust, shrimp, pesto, mozzarella cheese. Ready for this? Put the crust on a baking sheet. Spread pesto over the crust, leaving about an inch border. throw some shrimp on. Cover with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 10 - 15 minutes, until the cheese gets golden around the edges. Fin.

It's a winner. It reheats well. I suggest thin crust, because the pesto makes it kinda heavier than your average pizza, but it's a whole lot healthier. You can add all you want to it, tomatoes, peppers, etc...one day I plan on trying scallops!

1 comment:

Nametwin said...

I usually call it THE Safeway, which used to drive Danielle crazy. Although now that I've been hanging out with you for a long time, I've started calling it The Food Store. I think normal people call it The Grocery Store. The End.