September 17, 2010

Patchie [Summarizes]

Woof. Ok, where to start...

In the last year I have replaced more on my car than I can remember. I've spent well over a thousand dollars, had it in the shop who knows how many times, and have struggled to find rides to work, RennFest, social engagements, and various rehearsals. At one point this week it looked like I'd be car shopping the next day. I lucked out. My car is 11 years old and has over 100,000 miles on it. It got me through college and beyond, and if it gets me through the winter I will be thrilled. With the new job saving money is easier, and hopefully I'll be able to get a good used car and only have to pull a very small loan, if any when it comes time to do so. Until then...no power steering for me!

Sunday at RennFest was rainy, and much rainier than it was when I left my house. And colder. And I did not wear enough layers. And I wound up with a headcold I'm still feeling. Lesson learned.

My camera died on The Cape, and I've stolen dads up until yesterday when I bought a simple point and shoot that'll hold me until I get my DSLR. I bought it from hhgregg, and I will never set foot into that store again, the customer service was so awful. The people were nice, they were just incompitent.

I got my first paycheck today! That made for a very exciting morning. I celebrated with Starbucks.

I am excited for the next two days. The Rovers are performing at RennFest, and Sunday The Boy is coming to faire again. I'm so lucky to be with someone so understanding. He's really kept me grounded through these stressful busy weeks, and has been nothing but understanding and patient, even though I usually pass out to whatever we're watching within an hour or so of when he gets off work.

I've also spent some time with Jim & Sweetie, whom I've talked about before. It was a great feeling to see them at RennFest for their birthdays - a tradition I know they've had for years. Knowing that their "new normal," as they put it, still includes what used to just be "normal" is a good feeling. I look forward to more time with them in the near future.

That's all for now. I am sorry for neglecting you! I had my first few hours to myself in a long time this evening where I wasn't expected to be anywhere or had anything to accomplish, and it felt good. I love being busy, but that first day off is going to be amazing.

No comments: