August 2, 2010

Patchie [Marinates]

The Boy and I are house sitting for the next two weeks, and one of the main things we are taking advantage of is the uninterrupted use of a full kitchen. I've recently become addicted to Cooking Light magazine, which led me to myrecipes.com, and has had me itching to try new things. We wasted no time, while he was at work I busied myself whipping together a marinade for pork chops. I based it off of the Soy-Marinated Pork Chops, but here's what I did:

2 Boneless Pork Chops
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
2 Tsp Sesame Oil
1/8 Tsp Sugar
Rosemary

Combine Soy Sauce through Sugar in a bowl, mix until sugar dissolves. Put the mixture into the bag, add pork chops, and marinade in the fridge for 40 minutes. Saute in a pan over medium-high heat, sprinkling with Rosemary. The Boy used a technique called reducing, where he'd saute the pork chops in extra marinade until it started to look browned around the edges of the liquid, add a little water, and continue cooking. Not necessary, but it's how we changed ours from looking pale like in the picture on the website, to this:
Word of warning though, it is VERY salty. If you like your food salty, enjoy. If you want to cut back a little, try adding more sugar or using the called for Riced Wine Vinegar (I didn't have any, hence the substitution). Play with the amounts you put into the marinade...I might cut back a little on soy sauce next time.

It was certainly delicious, though. Last night because we struck the show we were working on and didn't get home until ten we opted out of cooking and went for Chinese. Tonight's a similar night, but we're right back on the wagon tomorrow!

No comments: