August 25, 2010

Patchie [Grooves]

Our first night on The Cape we went to The Beachcomber, a bar that is literally settled in the dunes. It was a cool night threatening rain, and we sat at the outdoor bar drinking and chatting while the rain sprinkled here and there and the sweet smell of the salty ocean was on the breeze.

Our reason for heading out was to catch Dub Apocalypse, a superband composed of members of other bands from New England (including GLove and John Brown's Body) who get together sporadically (mostly on The Cape) to have a public jam session. It wasn't too crowded, the energy was high, and it was a great way to spend the evening after spending most of the day in the car.

I wish every bar was like The Beachcomber. The atmosphere isn't forced like in some places, and it very much allows you to people watch and enjoy the outdoors.

I'm a little behind in posting, I've got the rest of my trip to tell you about (which can probably be summed up in one more post), I went to help set up for RennFest today, and a few other various things I want to share. Expect more soon!

No comments: