August 7, 2010

Patchie [Fries]

Pan frying always intimidated me, to the point where I'd see it in a recipe and instantly discard it. I had promised myself I'd try new things this week since I had the leisure to do so, and The Boy assured me it wasn't nearly as hard as I was making it out to be. So I threw oil into a pan, let it heat up, and threw caution into the wind.

Actually, no I didn't. Because anytime I had to get close enough to flip the shrimp, I used the longest spatula we had and stood as far away as humanly possible. But by the third round (I only did about 5 at a time), I had the hang of it. The breading went from barely sticking on the first batch to being golden and delicious looking by the third.

Shrimp Parmesan. Try it. It's delicious. I didn't substitute or change a thing.

No comments: