March 14, 2010

Patchie [Listens]

2010, although a much better year in general, has seriously screwed with my social life weather-wise. We got snowed in more times this year than I think we ever have total, usually on a weekend where I had somewhere to be or someone to see. It canceled plans, trips, events, and get-togethers. So when it's 50 degrees out and I've got an outdoor St Patrick's Day concert to go to, of course it's going to rain!

Actually, it was a blast. Groups we saw included LMFAO, The Roots, Carbon Leaf, The Tossers, and Train. Carbon Leaf and Train were my personal favorites, with The Roots not far behind. They put on a fantastic show, even with Train's technical difficulties where the speakers stopped working halfway through a song.
And as we stood in the rain, Barry from Carbon Leaf paused, looked out at us, and said "at the very least. At the very very least...it's not snowing."

Amen, Barry.



No comments: