March 16, 2010

Patchie [Joins]

Clearly, I could not get enough life performances this weekend. Sunday it was still raining, so we decided to skip out on the St. Patrick's Day parade. We still went to the city though and caught one of my favorite bands, The Rovers at an Irish Pub. As they went into one of their originals that requires audience participation via call-and-response, I responded. And by responding and knowing it, I was pulled onstage to lead the audience. And hoo boy, did that make my week. It was pretty fantastic. I worked with these guys at the Renaissance Festival, but they were there only one day and am still about 90% sure they don't remember me. Either way, I love their music and try to make as many of their gigs as I possibly can.

Nametwin was one of three people who went with me, and as we left the bar we joked about how bad our ears were ringing, how muffled the city streets were, and how loud we were probably talking. We caught a production of Henry V at the Shakespeare Theatre Company which was fantastic, and then yesterday I saw Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3D (which is the only way to see it, by the way).

I think it's going to take weeks for my ears to recover. You know what's not going to help? Seeing 2 more bands this week, one tomorrow for St. Patricks Day, and one Thursday who was a friend of mine in high school. It went from St. Patrick's Day to St. Patrick's Week. And I am so ok with that.

No comments: