March 7, 2010

Patchie [Borrows]

My aunt and uncle came down to visit for the weekend, and to pick up my grandmother who begins her trek back up north after being here since Thanksgiving. It's a little bitter sweet. It's sad to see her go and I miss her already, but it'll be nice to get back to normal. This house is not meant for five adults, especially since we were getting snowed in every other day.

Uncle Jay bought himself a Nikon D50, and one of the lenses you can buy for it can help you convert slides into digital prints. All of dad's old artistic shots are slides, so dad bought the attachment in return for borrowing my uncle's camera for awhile.

Of this deal, I got "blah blah blah there will be a Nikon D50 in the house at your disposal."

I'm gonna take it as a sign. At least once a week until whenever we sadly have to give it back, I'll be taking the camera out someplace to play with. I've had it for less than a day, and the guy pictured above decided to be my first subject.

He might be a broad-tailed hawk, but I'm not certain. He was probably only about 13" tall, and was trying to chase the other birds out of the bushes because he was looking for lunch. I didn't have time to switch to a better zoom lens, because I was afraid he'd fly off. But for the first time ever picking the camera up? Not too shabby.

No comments: